Select Page

About ABUMC 

Make a Donation

Join the Movement

Our Story

Asbury Broadneck Methodist Episcopal Church was first organized in 1836. After the end of legal slavery, the Sons and Daughters of Joshua, formally enslaved human beings on the Broadneck peninsula and the ancestors of many current members of the congregation, contributed from the money they had earned after enslavement to purchase the property that Asbury Broadneck UMC sits on today. It was their intention to buy the property so that they and their descendants would have a place to worship and to bury their dead.

Get In Touch

10 + 12 =